on CERTAIN MATTERS of interest
for a public SCREENING
This film constitutes the synthesis of Portabella's openly political clandestine films and his surroundings. Shot in the months after the death of General Franco, it is a "documentary" film shot with the techniques of a fiction film. A coherent link in a filmography intended to explore the limits of filming representation, Informe General is about the future political representation in the Spanish transition, with a clear democratic vocation contradicted by its virtual invisibility during thirty years. The speakers are concerned with one sole question: How do you go from a dictatorship to a democracy?
- Producer: Films 59
- Director: Pere Portabella
- Script: Pere Portabella - Carles Santos - Octavi Pellissa
- Music: Carles Santos
- Photography: Manel Esteban
- Sound: Alberto Escobedo - Pere Joan Ventura - Javier Celayuandi
- 1st Assistant Director: Anne M. Settimo - José Miguel Herrera
- Unit Manager: Alberto Prous
- 1st Assistant Camera: Paco Marín - Antonio Cano - Jordi Ferrerons
- Laboratory: Fotofilm, S.A.E.
- Sound Studio: Sonigraf
- Original Version: Spanish - Catalan - Euskera
Felipe González (PSOE), Raúl Morodo (PSP), Ramón Tamames (PCE), José María Zufiaur (USO), Marcelino Camacho (CC.OO), Nicolás Redondo (UGT), Anselmo Carretero, José Prat, José María Gil Robles (DC), Enrique Tierno Galván (PSP), Simón Sanchez Montero (PCE), J. Ruiz Jimenez (ID), Eugenio del Río (MCE), Amancio Cabrero (ORT), Nazarío Aguado (PTE), Marc Palmes, Magda Oranich, Santiago Carrillo (PCE), Anton Canyelles (UDC), Jordi Pujol (CDC), Joan Raventós (PSC), Gregori López Raimundo (PSUC), Antoni Senillosa, Montserrat Caballé, Francesc Luquetti.